I would like to thank Cindy at https://birdflight.blog/ for nominating pipersadventures9.blog for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I enjoy reading her blog and have learned a lot about living with a mental illness. Thank you Cindy for sharing your journey through life.
1.) Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2.) Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
11 questions for the nominees:
2. What is your favorite part of the day, and why?
I love the early mornings because of the quiet and beautiful sunrises.
3. If you could choose any career and be successful at it, what would it be?
I would like to help people to heal their souls. There is so much pain and suffering that I would like to be a part of the solution to life’s issues.
4. What is your absolute favorite piece of music? Feel free to post a video link, if available.
My favorite artist is Jimmy Buffet. He has so many songs that I enjoy that it is hard to pick only one.
5. Do you prefer reading poetry or prose?
Poetry is so beautiful in the way that it flows. I especially love poetry that rhymes and is about life and nature.
6. What food dish are you particularly good at making?
I make a wonderful vegetable lasagna.
7. If you wish to share, please describe your favorite photo, painting/print, or other art piece.
My husband did a water color painting of a winter landscape for me at Christmas. It is so beautiful with the snow against the trees. There is a red bucket partially buried in the snow. It is a beautiful painting.
8. When you were a kid, what was your favorite toy?
I had a bright orange ten speed that was a birthday gift for my eleventh birthday. It was representative of the seventies and I kept it till well into my twenties.
9. What subject did your favorite teacher or professor teach, and why were they your favorite?
History was my favorite subject and I enjoyed how my teachers made it come alive. It was so interesting to learn how people lived and thought about life in the past.
10. Where is the most beautiful place you have visited in your life?
Alaska is the most beautiful place that I have ever visited. The landscape is clean and mostly untouched by humans.
11. At what age did you discover your first love?
I was twelve and he was thirteen. His parents had given him a small motorbike and he took me for a ride. While riding he began to turn the motorbike in circles trying to impress me. I was so frightened that to this day I will not get on a motorcycle. Still he was a nice person and I have fond memories of him.
12. When did you realize you loved to write?
I realized that I loved to write at the beginning of this blog. It has become a wonderful way for me to express myself. It is a joy to write each day.
11 questions for the nominees:
- Who is your favorite author and why?
- What is your favorite place to travel?
- Do you have a signature family cooking recipe?
- What is your favorite cartoon?
- If you could have a conversation with someone living or dead who would it be?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Have you ever tried to write a song?
- What is your favorite family tradition?
- Why do you enjoy writing?
- What is your dream career?
- Who is your favorite musical artist?
These are some of the blogs that I enjoy and nominate for the Sunshine Blogger Award: